With everyone at home more these days, what better opportunity to snuggle up on the couch with your favorite plush blanket and a well-written book?
Never mind that there’s always bookwork to catch up with, spring cleaning to tackle, and laundry to fold! Who can resist a stack of unread books?!
Here’s a list of my latest favorites.. I’ve read hundreds of books in my life and most of them were definitely worth re-reading. So it’s hard to select just a few for a list. But here goes!
(These are not in any sort of defining order, I just listed them as I thought of them.)
- Christy by Catherine Marshall
- The Spy Wore Red and series by Aline Countess of Romanones
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Sawdust in his Shoes by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
- Mrs. Mike by Benedict & Nancy Freedman
- Any books by Zane Grey, Harold Bell Wright, or Gene Stratton Porter
- The Black Stallion series
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond
- Any books by Jim Kjelgaard or Marguerite Henry
- Mountain of Fire, Flight of the Falcon, Operation Rawhide, Mystery of the Ark – all by Paul Thomsen
- Gray Matter – David Levy
- Any books by James Herriot, Nicholas Sparks, or L.M. Montgomery
- Grandma’s Attic and books by Arleta Richardson
- Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman
- Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- Secret of the Andes by Ann Nolan Clark
- The Everest series by Gordan Korman
There are so many more I could list…perhaps I will save them for another time.
That’s the thing about books.They let you travel without moving your feet.
Reading gives us someplace to go,when we have to stay where we are.
Please drop your favorite titles or authors in the comments. I love hearing about new books that are worth getting 🙂